The commune of Plomodiern is ideally located by the sea and halfway between the north and south of Finistère (Brittany, France). The least we can say is that the activities are not lacking. There’s something to do for everyone . Here is a partial list of options available to you.
If you like to relax :
The nearest beaches are within 3 km from the town center (Lestrevet, Pors Ar Vag, Pentrez, Kervijen etc.)
If you like sport :
- Char à voile (possibility of renting on the Pentez Beach).
- Surf, Windsurf, Kite surf etc.
- Diving with the diving center of Crozon.
- Sea kayaking (possibility of renting in Morgat).
- Beachcombing (follow this link to see the tides calendar of Douarnenez) and ask Yvette for the good places.
- The GR 34, called the » Sentier des Douaniers » will allow you to discover by walk the fantastics landscapes of the Finistère.
- paragliding (in the Menez Hom). Baptisms are possible.
To discover the Finistère :
- Visit of the Crozon peninsula and the city with the same name, Morgat with this caves, the Cape of the Goat etc.
- Douarnenez with is famous Port Ru.
- Locronan, one of the most beautiful village in France.
- Chateaulin, the quiet city with the Aulne river.
- Quimper, the old city, is cathedrale, is pottery (more than 300 years old).
- The Terenez bridge.
- The Menez-Hom and is fantastic view from the top (330 m hight).
Breton food :
- Plomodiern get is two star restaurant (a fiew meters from the house) referenced in the Michelin guide : l’Auberge des Glazicks.
- There is of course many traditionnal crêperies in that place. Here are some : Crêperie des Genêts, Skeud an Amzer, Crêperie Saint Côme or the Crêperie de Kervengard where you can even learn how to make crêpes.
- If you prefer fish and seafood, rendez-vous in the restaurant Le Grand Bleu on Lestrevet Beach.
- For the delicious Kouing Aman, go to Douarnenez where is coming from.
To discover the Breton culture :
- The festival of the Menez-Hom which start the second week of August in Plomodiern.
- The « fêtes de Cornouaille » occur in Quimper (third week of july)
- The big Troménie of Locronan is a religious walk with traditionnal costumes. It’s happen every 6 years. The next one will be in 2019. There is also a small troménie every year.